Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 01/08/08
These Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions (hereinafter "Terms and Conditions") govern the purchase, use and redemption of gift certificates purchased at Blue Lotus Ayurveda, LLC, d/b/a Blue Lotus Ayurveda: Natural Health & Rejuvenation ("Blue Lotus Ayurveda"). For questions, comments or suggestions, please contact Blue Lotus Ayurveda at:
Blue Lotus Ayurveda: Natural Health & Rejuvenation
82 Haywood Rd.
Asheville, NC 28806
Purchasing, Sending and Receiving Gift Certificates
- Gift certificates are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Gift certificates cannot be used to purchase gift certificates.
- Gift certificates have no cash value.
- Gift certificates are not valid until payment has been received and successfully processed (if paying by Credit Card or check).
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda reserves the right to refuse service or reverse any gift certificate purchase for any reason and return the funds to the purchaser.
- These terms and conditions also apply to spa gift certificates purchased via SpaEmergency.com from Blue Lotus Ayurveda, which is listed under Asheville Area Spas and Asheville, NC Spas.
Redeeming Gift Certificates
- Gift certificates are only redeemable at Blue Lotus Ayurveda for the amount or service specified on the gift certificate, by the expiration date indicated. Blue Lotus Ayurveda reserves the right to convert service-based gift certificates to their cash value, equivalent to what was paid for the gift certificate, at its option and sole discretion.
- Not Refundable. Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund.
- Any unused balance of the gift certificate will remain until redeemed or the original expiration date indicated on the gift certificate, whichever occurs first.
- If a purchase exceeds the amount listed on the gift certificate, the redeemer is responsible for paying the difference at time of purchase.
- For security purposes, a recipient may be required to show valid ID before he or she can redeem the gift certificate.
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda, its agents and vendors, may provide gift certificate purchasers with information about the redemption status of gift certificates.
Cancellation and Expiration of Gift Certificates
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda reserves the right to immediately invalidate gift certificates, without notice, should it receive a credit card chargeback, returned check or other form of repudiated payment made towards the gift certificate.
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda is not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates. Reasonable and prudent steps are taken to verify the legitimacy of a redeemer and upon full redemption or at the expiration date, we deactivate the gift certificate.
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda reserves the right to dishonor the gift certificate, if it reasonably believes the redeemer stole or is otherwise not the intended beneficiary of the purchaser.
- Gift certificates are not redeemable after the expiration date indicated on the gift certificate.
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda will replace a lost gift certificate if before its expiration date, provided the original gift certificate hasn't been redeemed and the replacement is issued to either the original purchaser or a verifiable recipient.
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda reserves the right to contact gift certificate purchasers, or known recipients, to remind them of upcoming expiration dates.
Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in its sole discretion.
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda is not responsible for emailed gift certificates that do not reach their intended recipient for reasons beyond its control. Bounced email is not monitored. Receipt of email cannot be verified. Blue Lotus Ayurveda can only verify receipt of the gift certificate, if the recipient of the gift certificate actually uses the enclosed URL to access the gift certificate using a browser.
- Between 1am and 6am, MST, Blue Lotus Ayurveda processes future email delivery requests and ships out previously scheduled email. Blue Lotus Ayurveda is not responsible for late delivery of gift certificates.
- BLUE LOTUS AYURVEDA, ITS AGENTS AND AFFILIATES, MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CERTIFICATES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A GIFT CERTIFICATE NUMBER OR BAR CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CERTIFICATE.
- Gift certificates, and this terms and conditions, are subject to and governed by the laws of North Carolina, without reference to its principles of conflicts of law.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions should, for any reason, be held invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforced to the full extent permitted by law. A court of competent jurisdiction is hereby empowered to modify the invalid or unenforceable provision to make it valid and enforceable.
Last Updated: 12/17/07
Our Commitment to You: Blue Lotus Ayurveda, LLC, d/b/a Blue Lotus Ayurveda: Natural Health & Rejuvenation ("Blue Lotus Ayurveda") is dedicated to establishing trust with you, our customer, and to protecting your privacy. All personal identifying information collected by us will be used for the sole purpose of maintaining our relationship with you. Our contact information is as follows:
Blue Lotus Ayurveda: Natural Health & Rejuvenation
82 Haywood Rd.
Asheville, NC 28806
When you sign up for services with Blue Lotus Ayurveda or make a purchase on our website, you will be asked to provide contact and payment information. The contact information will include your name, address, phone number and email address. The payment information typically includes your credit card number and information necessary to conduct a credit card transaction for the services purchased on our website.
How Do We Collect Personally Identifying Information?
We either collect personally identifying information ourselves, through registration, signup or order forms, or we use a third-party to collect that information on our behalf, only as necessary to conduct a transaction. We utilize SpaBoom to provide much of the underlying technology necessary for our website, online gift certificate program, and/or other services. SpaBoom is a service of Sevence, LLC d/b/a SpaBoom, and their contact information is as follows:
Sevence, LLC d/b/a SpaBoom
317 Commercial Street NE
Albuquerque, NM 87102
The mission of SpaBoom is to help make the Internet experience wonderful for its customers. The utmost respect, protection and regard for personally identifying information represent a key component of this mission. Therefore, SpaBoom is under contract with Blue Lotus Ayurveda, and cannot use, resell or make available personally identifying information for any organization except Blue Lotus Ayurveda or as otherwise explicitly agreed to by you.
For the rest of this Privacy Statement, the words "we," "our," or "Blue Lotus Ayurveda" shall mean Blue Lotus Ayurveda, SpaBoom or both.
We collect traffic patterns and information from our web servers, but this information is not combined or used with or in conjunction with personally identifiable information.
We collect third-party personally identifying information when our customers provide us with the email address of a gift recipient (i.e. the lucky recipient of a gift certificate).
What Do We Use Personally Identifying Information For?
We only use personally identifying information to conduct, facilitate or in furtherance of a transaction. For example, we use personally identifying information to charge a credit card for services. We will also send transactional notices to a purchaser and their gift recipient(s), including reminders that a service or gift certificate has not yet been redeemed.
We may, only to support a particular transaction, release your personally identifying information to a third-party, such as a credit card processor, delivery company, or other third-party as would be necessary to complete the transaction with us. If we do this, rest assured that we would only release the minimal information necessary to process the relevant transaction.
If you allow us (i.e. by "opt in" when you sign up or register with us), we may send you polite marketing messages, such as reminders of upcoming holidays or gift giving ideas.
We may aggregate limited demographic information, purchasing behaviors or web traffic patterns. This information will not be tied or traceable to any personally identifying information.
What We Do NOT Use Personally Identifying Information For?
We will never sell, intentionally release or otherwise make available your personally identifying information to third-parties that are not required for a specific transaction that you request, unless otherwise compelled by law or court order.
How Do We Protect Your Personally Identifying Information?
We protect personally identifying information both online and offline. Online, account information is protected by the leading industry standard method of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. All credit card information is encoded and protected using multiple layers of network security, including firewall protection. Offline, personally identifying information is also protected in our offices. Our employees are well informed about our privacy practices, and access to customer information is restricted to what is necessary to perform their specific tasks. Moreover, we notify our employees of any changes to our Privacy Statement and corresponding requirements, and we possess polices and procedures to handle privacy complaints and security threats or breaches.
How Can I Review or Make Changes to My Personal Information?
You can review or update your personal information or change the status of your "opt-in" anytime you conduct a transaction with us. Alternatively, you may contact Blue Lotus Ayurveda at (828) 713-4266, where we would be happy to assist you.
How Are Updates to this Privacy Statement Made?
You can check this website for changes, and we encourage you to contact us with any questions you have about any changes or any of our policies. Without your express consent, we will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of your personally identifying information.